Monday, June 30, 2008

Touchdown




Saturday Adriana and I went to Garden View nursery. It really was a sea of trees. We saw some interesting things. Lots of beautiful trees that would out grow my yard in 1 season. We saw beautiful Crape Myrtles but nothing in the 'Red Rocket' category.

We took a gamble and purchased an Oklahoma Redbud it seems like it will do all the things we were looking for. Stay smallish, produces beautiful little flowers and will create a nice story to the yard.

This time we followed the instructions on how to plant a tree. We are trying to reduce the amount of causalities.

I sat and sketched out the next steps. I see some azaleas, couple of box woods, perhaps a White Crape Myrtle, mini Japanese Maple....

Its going to be a fun summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good choice. luv my redbud!

Anonymous said...

yay! one of christian's favorites too. we're trying to make our next door neighbor put one in her parking strip. we might even buy it for her...