Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Field Trip!

The fence project is not dead. Its typical me that I can't just go to Home Depot and buy lumber. I have to find the one guy in L.A. County, 40 miles away, that sells reclaimed lumber. I heard a rumor that Long Beach was suppose to be saving these supplies also. I might have to look into that a little more.

So field trip it was. Yesterday Sal (my builder) and I went to Reclaimed Wood Products. It was super cool and nicely priced. For the amount of wood that we need and the quality that we will be getting I'm happy. The old wood, slow growth trees are so beautiful. So, I'm working on my design and at this rate by the time my unborn children graduate from High School they will have a nice and private backyard to play in.

Here are some shots, its bundled by lot so all the wood does not get mixed up.
They have railroad ties and timber frame lumber.
They had a small stack of wood doors along with glass windows. Nothing too old there. I was surprised at the lack of work space and machinery they had. I guess if you have 1 guy milling the boards you only need 1 set of tools.

No comments: