Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wrigley Garden- Oh Yeah!


I'm a little embarrassed to admit I have 2 blogs. This one is about the house and a little bit about our city, Long Beach. I originally started this blog so our friends and family all over the world could see what we were up to. It has definitely evolved, its really great to look back at all the progress. Its amazing we have come this far in such a short amount of time. Its a beautiful house.

The 2nd blog is something I started as a forum to share homegrown crops, food trader if you will. We call this blog the Chalkboard. My thought was that the 'menu' will forever be changing and it can be posted on the 'chalkboard' once its gone we wipe it clean and start over. Forever new and exciting.

So speaking of new and exciting. Today's posting on the Chalkboard is really something special. We have been approved to start our community garden. Its a huge step for not only the street that it sits on but the neighborhood as a whole. Henderson Ave where the garden will be is a sad state. Its about a block from our house but such a world away.

Please check the Chalkboard if you are interested in following the Wrigley Garden story or if you would like a plot please email me and I'll put you on la lista.

Thanks for all the support. Yay for veggies grown in the LBC.

chalkboardcoop@mac.com

No comments: