Monday, April 16, 2007

This Weekend I Stripped





This weekend we decided to go do some fun stuff. Not everything revolves around the house. Yeah, right. Saturday we went to LA and shopped at an Asian repop store. I bought a nice bench and a rice bucket for our shoes. I'll take pictures later. Love both the items. Sunday while I was waiting for Nelson to take me to the LB Grand Prix I started stripping the paint off my french windows.

I took me hours to get to this point. I was thinking about how long it took me to not even finish one window. I might have to find another way. My neighbor told me about some dipping method. I'll have to look into that.

Also talked to a contractor about my sinking floor. He is going to give me an estimate to take out the linoleum and level the floor. If the wood underneath is rotten then I think I'm going to go with slate. But first I want to move the back door and make a little porch.

Big dreams little budget.

No comments: