Friday, April 27, 2007

I am a dumbass






I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I was hoping that it would work. WRONG. I know stain is not paint. I KNOW THIS. Well, I tried anyway. The 2 windows that I got back from the paint stripper worked out well. They are gorgeous. The picture of the 2 side by side are them unfinished. They are finished now but in the garage. The hubby won the job of reglazing. I'll post another picture after they get hung. Here is where I screwed up. I got sick of picking at the one window and put the stain on anyway. I totally screwed it up. Now not only do I have to take this one to the stripper guy to get off all the stain and the rest of the paint but I'm going to have to explain to him that I'm stupid.

One fun discovery. Hubby took the hardware to a polisher and found out that they are shinny. He did not know what kind of mystery metal the hardware is. I like it. I mean not everything has to be "rustic".

Oh, and I hate the stain on the mantel. It came out really red and gross.

Other than that. Please vote on paint choices. The green is for our bedroom and the blue is for the hallway. I'm not sure if I like the blue it kinda competes with the bathroom floor.

What do ya'll think?

No comments: