Sunday, May 17, 2009

Long Beach Gap And Stuff

Yesterday we went on a walk at the Dominguez Gap. If you have never been there you should really go and enjoy it. Its a pretty neat little habitat where the LA River and the Compton Creek have some sort of little side venture. Its been restored and has a really nice walking trail. There are tons of natives planted along the edges, I missed out I should have visited about a month ago when everything was in full bloom. Next year I will have to remember when my poppies are blooming I need to get out and look around.

I found this article to help explain where it is. The trail looks a little different now but its totally worth checking out. Dogs on leashes are welcome and our monsters LOVE going there.

http://longbeachnaturalareas.blogspot.com/2008/05/dominguez-gap-wetlands.html

What started that information was because I looked on Fresh Dirt this morning and I saw that the gardens @ Rancho Los Alamitos are open. I have never been there, perhaps I'll drag The Husband there for the opening event.

See ya'll at the gardens.

Saturday, June 6, 11:30 am to 5:00 pm with an event it is calling In the Nature of the Place: Native Plants and Mediterranean Gardens.


No comments: